Wed, Sep 13|
Online, weekly offered at noon EST
THE ARTIST'S WAY - 2023 COHORT
The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron presents an exciting method for artists to recover their creativity from limiting beliefs, self-sabotage, inattention, fear, jealousy, guilt, addictions, and other forces that inhibit the creative process.
Time & Location
Sep 13, 12:00 PM
Online, weekly offered at noon EST
About the Event
Who is it for?
Are you an artist or a creative looking for a group setting to explore, define and materialize your passions?
Whether you are a poet, painter, musician, writer, woodworker, or weaver, The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron presents an exciting method for artists to recover their creativity from limiting beliefs, self-sabotage, inattention, fear, jealousy, guilt, addictions, and other forces that inhibit the creative process.
Why do it?
Many of us are looking to connect or reconnect with our creative selves right now. Often we aren't quite sure what is holding us back. We just can't seem to get started, have a hard time keeping a regular creative practice, or we want to try something new but don't know where to start.
We know what that can be like--it may seem like we create with ease--social media can have that effect. In reality, most creatives have periods where they feel stuck. It is the main reason we teach this class yearly- we need it too. We truly enjoy it, and sharing this experience keeps us inspired. We wish to commit to pushing past creative blocks and learning the root of what's holding us back. And it feels good to share our knowledge and experience with others as we dive into The Artist's Way together.
This class is hosted virtually via an online classroom and zoom. In addition to weekly virtual meetings, we will be able to post and share additional resources. Students can interact between weekly classes and share experiences as they like. AND without having to step foot onto Facebook or social media. That's right. You won't have to log onto a Facebook group to interact, ask questions, or pull up resources. Everything is available in our online Artist's Way Course.
We are offering a virtual class each Wednesday at noon EST, to make this experience accessible to busy creatives who want to commit to their creativity but struggle to find the time. We also wish for you to create a habit of dedicating time to your creative growth (you deserve it!) and be connected in a supportive community that will be there long after the class has ended.
Thank you for considering joining us. If you have any questions about the class, please contact us.
Who are your facilitators?
- Elizabeth Palmisano is a mixed-media installation and fiber artist living and working with the community in Charlotte. As a social practice artist, she invokes the power of relatability and compassion to spark intrigue, raise awareness, and inspire action. She is best known for creating art that promotes healing, fosters inclusiveness, and broadens perspective and vision. Experimentation, exploration, and play are key to her creative process. The totality of her work is through the lens and light of honor and possibility, and this is the space she invites you into. She was voted “Best Visual Artist” in the QC Nerve Best in the Nest Awards in 2020 and again in 2022.
- Krystle Baller is the Creative Director of We Rock Charlotte, a nonprofit that provides music and film education and programming for kids and adults. We Rock Charlotte inspires gender-marginalized people (girls, women, transgender people, and nonbinary folks) to find their voice in a collaborative space through camps, workshops, music lessons and other events and Krystle actively works to cultivate allies in the community. Krystle is a 2018 TEDx Speaker, and is also the band leader of feminist punk band Hey Richard, which was voted “Best New Band” in the QC Nerve 2021 Best In the Nest Awards.
Krystle and Elizabeth are partners in real life who were married in fall 2021 under Blumenthal’s “Bunnies” installation at First Ward Park. These local creatives are using art to make a positive difference in our Charlotte community and beyond.
What you get:
- Weekly virtual meetings co-hosted by Elizabeth Palmisano and Krystle Baller
- Access to a supportive online community
- Resources, tips, and tools to help you successfully navigate the journey to creative recovery
- Peace of mind that if you have to miss a class, you can still access all the tools and information for the week
Cost $222 for all 13 weeks*
*There is an option to make two payments. A deposit of $50 to hold your spot and a balance of $192 is due by September 8th.
A notebook or journal and a copy of The Artist's Way. The book is necessary to participate in all sessions and may be purchased online or in a local bookstore. The average cost of the book is $18.
Link to the book on Amazon
Live Virtual Meetings
September 13 Getting Started: The Basic Tools
September 20 Week 1 Recovering a Sense of Safety
September 27 Week 2 Recovering a Sense of Identity
October 4 Week 3 Recovering a Sense of Power
October 11 Week 4 Recovering a Sense of Integrity
October 18 Week 5 Recovering a Sense of Possibility
October 25 Week 6 Recovering a Sense of Abundance
November 1 Week 7 Recovering a Sense of Connection
November 8 Week 8 Recovering a Sense of Strength
November 15 Week 9 Recovering a Sense of Compassion
November 29 Week 10 Recovering a Sense of Self-Protection
November 6 Week 11 Recovering a Sense of Autonomy
December 13 Week 12 Recovering a Sense of Faith
Throughout this book, Julia Cameron references a "Great Creator" or "God." You are welcome to replace that word with whatever word you need i.e. Universe, Flow, Source, Higher Self. I've worked with many students ranging from deeply religious to atheist. If you have concerns about this, please reach out.
Please email Elizabeth Palmisano at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Once registered, you will receive a welcome email with further details.
Fall 2023 noon class$222.00Sale ended
Deposit for noon class
This ticket holds your spot, and is fully transferrable, but not refundable. A second payment of $192 is due by September 8th. You will receive an invoice for the second payment via email.$50.00Sale ended